Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Old-Time Fun

I have an obsession with photo booths.

Yes, I know they're cheesy, and it's rare that you actually get a decent photo, but I love them. I love the bad quality. I love the expressions caused by the mis-timed flashing light. Afterall, when else is it acceptable to take such an utterly nasty picture?

I was made more aware of my obsession as I sorted through old photos yesterday afternoon. I have photos of every summer beach trip with my friend, Sarah. Actually, I only have half of the photos because we split them evenly. Friends do that, you know.

And since we've been married, I've periodically dragged Kevin off to capture our goofiness in a tiny photo booth.

However, these vintage booths are hard to come by. I'm not talking about the ones in all of the arcades. I'm talking vintage, original photo booth. Strangely enough, Kmart seems to be the place to go. The best part? They still charge the vintage price: $1

So in 10 years, if you happen to be strolling through Kmart and see some crazy lady shoving her entire family into a photo booth, it'll probably be me. So stop and say hi. I promise I won't make you get in.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I'm thinking a trip to Kmart is in order! There are so many reasons to want to be like you Ü