The FHE After-party
It's back! Straight from the 90's, with a 21st century facelift, it's "AmericanGladiators !"
Kevin and I remember watching this show when we were kids. We happened across old re-runs on ESPN Classic last year and went through a brief phase where we watched them in marathon-type fashion. Sadly, our son was exposed and immediately hooked.
So imagine his delight when we discovered that the old "classic" has returned to prime time. What could be better than jousting, wrestling, climbing and obstacle courses? Nothing, in his opinion.
And so it is that every Monday night, after FHE, we gather on the couch to watch the gladiators battle it out. And when Kevin and I start to get bored, Kyle's enthusiastic perma-grin buoys us right back up.
3 comments:
Whoa, total childhood flashback!! I am glad I wasn't the only one who watched brawny men and women run around in bright red and blue spandex! I need to check out this new one, but we don't have cable. (sigh)
I just saw last night that they are gonna have a new season and they are casting the show right now. it's gonna be on again. I totally remember watching this show. I was hooked. I always wanted to be on it.
I'm glad someone else admits to watching this...as it was a childhood classic in my memory as well. Aaron thinks that it's the lamest show heard of and I can't blame him. Without the nostalgic remembrance of it, it would seem a little cheesy (especially with The Hulk hosting and all)!
Post a Comment