Friday, February 01, 2008

And the winner is...

Everybody who voted for a GIRL!!!

That's right, we're evening out our numbers and having a girl! To say we're excited would be the understatement of the century.

When Kyle woke up this morning, I told him we were heading down to the doctor's o
ffice to check on the baby. And when I told him that we'd get to find out whether it was a boy or a girl, he turned to me with a big, excited grin on his face and said, "Oh, I hope it's a girl, mom!"

And he's not the only one who was convinced. Everybody seemed convinced that this little one was a girl. Except me. Deep down, I think I knew, but I wasn't sure if it was intuition, or simply believing everybody else. Or maybe I just couldn't imagine another little boy who wasn't Kyle. Who knows.

So we're excited. Kevin's full of sarcastic remarks about how poor we're going to be now, but he's bursting with excitement, too. He and Kyle have already started arguing (and I'm serious about that) over the name, but I'm staying out of it. At least for another 3 or 4 months.

So here's to a boy AND a girl! Because now I'll have one of each! And I can't wait...

13 comments:

Natalie said...

Wahoo for you!! I am so excited for you Ü ....yes, a tad jealous, but A LOT excited!

Carolyn said...

Yeah! That's great! Congratulations. She already looks adorable in the ultra sound pic.

Natasha said...

Congratulations! I am way excited for you. Kevin is probably right. You will be broke. Little girls are really fun to buy for!!

abbeybutton said...

OH YEA!!!! I am SO SO EXCITED for you! I knew it just had to be a girl. I almost started to cry reading your post - but that shouldn't suprise me I've been an emotional wreck all week! Oh how I look forward to beginning that adventure in my life as well :)!!!

Jenny M said...

That's so cute that Kyle was hoping for a little sister! Congratulations!

Brinton, Becky, and Gang said...

YEAH!! How exciting! It is great to have one of both! Start saving now for all the cute girl clothes. Oldnavy.com is having a pretty good sale on their winter stuff right now.

Amy and Micheal said...

Congrats Turner fam! What exciting news! Her first picture is already so cute!

lance n sarah said...

Congratulations. Girls and boys are definetly different. Do you have any names yet?

Kimbur said...

Congratulations Ruth,Kevin, and Kyle! Girls are so much fun!

Cindy said...

YAY! Congratulations!!! She'll be a cutie!

Unknown said...

Yay! Here's to a healthy baby girl!

Scottie and Tasha said...

congratulations! From recent experience little girls are awesome :) of course I have nothing to compare it to! Congrats again!

scott, tasha, and brookelle bradford

Kathy said...

Congratulations! Ben and I are so happy for you guys! The very first thing Ben said after Kassie's ultrasound was "a girl? We can't AFFORD a girl!", so he's in complete agreement with Kevin!