Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Standing Guard

Meet my protector.

This brave superhero stands guard in my master bathroom. Kyle received it as a Christmas present from a friend. But does it keep vigil in his bedroom? Oh, no. The light that glows from his bedroom comes from a plain, ol' nightlight. Why has Spiderman made his home in my bathroom, you might ask?

I'm really not sure.

Our conversation went something like this:

Mom: Kyle, why don't you put Spiderman in your bedroom and put the other nightlight in the
hall?
Kyle: No, he needs to be in your room.
Mom: Why?
Kyle: So when I come into your room in the night, I'm not scared.
Mom: Okay, but does it have to be Spiderman? Can't we have the other light in my room?
Kyle: No, we'll just keep Spiderman in there.

There's no use arguing with him, folks. I've even tried switching the two on the sly. But when I walk into my bathroom the next night, Spiderman's there to greet me. You'd think he'd be more comfortable in a manly room filled with sports & superheroes, but instead he gets an all-white bathroom.

No comments: