Canonball!
Apparently, my son thinks he's invincible.
As if the Halloween festivities weren't enough for today, we decided to go swimming at the local indoor pool. Kyle and his friend Nicole had a ball splashing around, playing sharks and minnows, and playing catch with a ball. We went around the lazy river a few times before swimming over to the stairs to take a break. And that's when the action really started.
Kyle's ball rolled up onto the pavement, so he jumped out of the pool to grab it. Well, it apparently rolled further than I'd thought. I watched him walk over to the other corner of the pool, and then, before my brain really registered what was happening, I saw him take a flying leap into the pool. Canonball! Nevermind the fact that it was deep water. Nevermind the fact that he can't swim. And nevermind the fact that I was too far away to reach him in time. As I tried to kick-start my legs to go save him, I saw the lifeguard take a flying leap after my little boy into the pool. By the time I got there (which was really about 10 seconds) she had him safely on the side and was reassuring me with a smile and "He's just fine." Thank goodness for that kind lifeguard who seemed to understand that accidents happen.
I'm online researching swimming lessons as we speak...
No comments:
Post a Comment