Hi-ho, Hi-ho...
...It's off to the dentist we go.
Kyle made his first trip to the dentist's office today. Truth be known, I was more nervous than he was. Afterall, I rarely gave him his flouride drops as a baby. We're not always diligent about brushing his teeth before he goes to bed. And he eats candy almost on a daily basis. Let's face it, we're not exactly poster-parents for childrens' oral hygiene. When you add that to the statistic I recently read in Parents magazine that "60% of 3-year-olds have cavities the first time they visit the dentist" (can you believe that???), I'll admit I was more than a little nervous.
But it turns out it was all for naught. As luck would have it, Kyle's favorite cartoon was featuring a trip to the dentist's office today. He must've watched it closely because he was the perfect model of bravery. With his shoulders and neck all tensed up, he quietly laid back in the chair and let the hygienist "count" and polish his teeth. The reward: a clean bill of oral health and a prize, and bragging rights of bravery.
We must've caught a lucky break. Either that, or all of those little cavity bugs are hiding in between his teeth and won't show up until they take X-rays in a year or two. Until then, I'll just play ignorant and count my (our) good fortune.
No comments:
Post a Comment