What?
Okay, so am I the only one who just barely realized that it's OCTOBER? When did that happen? Sometime during this whole moving ordeal, I suppose. But still, it's 90 degrees out there, for heaven's sake. I'd better get this house put together so I can display all of my lovely autumn decorations. Priorities, people!
Immediately after that first realization, I had another. Halloween's going to be a big deal this year. For the last 7 years, Kevin and I have been disappointed with the miniscule number of trick-or-treaters who've knocked on our door on Halloween night. We'd prepare big bowls of candy and end up eating it all ourselves (not that there's anything wrong with that).
But now we're living among a multitude of kidlets. This tiny base has over 700 homes, which is 650 more than we're used to. And I daresay 90% of them have children. Do you know how much candy that equates to?!? I'm going to have to start stocking up on my weekly shopping trips in order to have enough for the big day!
No comments:
Post a Comment