Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Apple Fever

We decided to use our first official federal holiday (yet another benefit of working for the government) to get back to nature. I suppose the desert is nature, but we opted for nature with a bit of color. We headed up into the mountains to visit some orchards and pick some apples.


Row upon row of Red and Yellow Delicious apples. Not normally our favorite, but they were DELICIOUS.



They gave us plastic sacks for the picking. Not very quaint, but they'll do the job, I suppose.



Kyle would ask us each and every time, "Is this a good one?"



Afterwards we stopped for lunch at a cute little place called, "The Apple Shed." We had a delicious "Turkey, apple, bacon, avacado" sandwich. Kevin's only beef: it didn't come with fries. A dish of applesauce or cottage cheese means nothing to a manly man!



Check out what we saw on the way home: a honest-to-goodness Wind Farm!



It stretched on for miles...Next time I'm definitely pulling over for pictures.

Now, what did you do for Columbus Day?

2 comments:

Cassy said...

A New Adventure Everyday! How fun! Columbus Day...Is that a Holiday? Ordinary life as usual for us.

Carolyn said...

That looks like a fun family day! I love what you did with the apple-picking picture. Very cool.