Tug of War
I feel like a teeny-bopper these days. I read young adult vampire books. I eagerly awaited the showing of High School Musical 2, and have watched it four times in the last 8 days. Even worse, I rushed right out to buy the soundtrack! All while managing to sneak in one or two viewings of the original. Can we say obsessed? And I furthered my Zac Efron groupie-ness by finally going to see "Hairspray" last night. It was fantastic, by the way. Amazing. I laughed the entire time and had to restrain myself from getting up and dancing.
I suppose it doesn't help that I'm spending the summer with my younger sister. I find myself jammin' to her dance team hip-hop, sitting and chatting with her friends, and gossiping about her love life. We wear the same size, so naturally I find myself wanting to wear her clothes and attempting to look as cute as she does. We've always had a close relationship, but there are 10 years between us. Come on, Ruth! You're no spring chicken anymore! And it's never been more obvious.
Don't get me wrong. I love what comes with age - being a wife, a momma. I love the stability and security it provides. I love the confidence I gain as I get older. And I would NEVER wish a return to my teen years. Never. But it's nice to be reminded that "mother" is not synonymous with rules, routine, and BORING. It's okay to jam to some tunes in your livingroom. And it'll make you feel that much better if you're wearing super cute jeans while doing it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment