Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Animal Control

Kevin and I have a serious problem on our hands. Kyle LOVES animals. Dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, frogs...it doesn't matter the animal. He loves them. The problem? Kevin and I don't. The even bigger problem? Because we love our little guy so much, I foresee the day when we'll actually break down and bring a pet into our home. Oh, even the thought of it makes me shudder.

Today Grandma helped him catch a frog out in the yard. Oh, the excitement that raced through that little boy's body! He could barely contain himself. He placed him in a jar, punched holes in the lid, and gave Mr. Frog some grass and water. A perfectly luxurious spa for an amphibian, don't you think?

But most of all, he was excited to introduce Mr. Frog to Ponch (Grandma's dog, who Kyle absolutely adores. If only the adoration was returned. But that's another story...). Ecstactic, he turned to me and said, "Ponch will be so excited to have another pet! Now we'll have two pets!"

Could a little boy's life possibly get more exciting?

No comments: