A Little Of Everything
Transition's a funny thing. A church leader once told us that Satan's power is increased during times of transition. I took special note of this statement when I heard it, knowing that our lives were about to be turned upside down for a few months. And while I can't deny that I haven't felt the evil influence, I think this time of transition has had the opposite effect on me. I've tried a little bit hard to be a little bit better. And I'm sure grateful for a lot more.
- I've kind of been a single mom of sorts. Not really, but there isn't anybody to take over when I've had it "up to here." But I think I've also been a little more patient, a little more kind, and definitely more in tune with my boy's needs.
- I feel this absolute drive to be self-sufficient, to get our house in order. You know, food storage, etc. It's only been in the last year or two that we've even had a 72-hour kit. And we always joked that as long as we had a tank of gas, we could get to the Turner's. That's not the case anymore. And there's something satisfying about being prepared and taking care of your family. Now, if we only had a house to "get in order..."
- Speaking of which, it looks like we're actually going to get base housing, which we think is a fabulous thing. Two-minute drive to work. Less gas and time on the freeway. Free gym membership and other fabulous perks. PLUS, we could possibly walk into a brand-new house (they're just finishing up construction). The only downside? Because we only have one child, they could possibly stick us in a two-bedroom. We're just hoping there aren't any available when we move in...
- Family is such a tremendous blessing. They've all really stepped up this summer and I appreciate it more than I can express. Their love and support means a lot. There is no doubt in my mind that Family is the basic unit of the church and that therein lies the greatest happiness. I'm grateful for mine.
- Less than 4 weeks until I see my honey and my little family is FINALLY reunited!!!
- And on a completely different note, "Eclipse" comes out today!!! Kyle and I are heading to Borders Books at 10 a.m. today and I just about can't wait. I'm sure I'll devour this book is less than a day or two. The only trick will be waiting until my little guy's in bed tonight.
2 comments:
I am so glad you got base housing. What a relief!
I think you are a great mom. You make me want to be better!
thanks for your positive attitude!
Post a Comment