Sunday, November 26, 2006

Surprise

Like millions of other Americans, we spent the day after Thanksgiving trudging from store to store, in search of perfect Christmas gifts for friends and family. Or more specifically, for Kyle. And as we trudged from store to store, dragging Kyle along with us, the poor boy was forced to admire and subsequently fall in love with a "cool" toy in every store.

"I want this!"
"Mommy, can we buy this?"
"Daddy, this is really cool, isn't it?"

And each and every time, we said, "Kyle, we aren't buying any toys until after Christmas when we see what Santa brings you."

This morning, my mom asked Kyle over the phone what he wanted for Christmas. Imagine my amusement when he said,

"Umm, I don't know. Why don't we just wait and see what Santa brings me."

I guess we know he's not picky.

No comments: