Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Indecisive

I'm often called "indecisive." It's a rare occurance when I can decide which eating establishment we should dine at, which shirt is more flattering, or which family photo I should put on the annual Christmas card. That's not to say that I don't have an opinion. I simply need the opinions of those around me to help me decide how I truly feel. For example:

Ruth: Which shoes look better? The brown or the black?
Kevin: The black.
Ruth: No, I think the brown ones are better.

It drives Kevin crazy, but it's the way I operate. And it appears that a little certain someone has inherited this indecisiveness. Lately, when I ask Kyle what he wants for lunch, he says, "I don't know. You choose." When I ask him which movie he'd like to watch, he says, "Umm, I don't care. You choose."

He values my opinion right now, but soon I'll simply be a sounding board to help him decide what he really wants.

No comments: