Up and At 'Em
I’m not a morning person.
Even when I sleep in until 8:00, I still need a few minutes to get going. I eat a little something, check my email, or lie in bed and think about the day’s To-Do list.
Unfortunately, my son is not the same way. Instead, he wakes up bursting with energy and ready to start the new day.
This used to be remedied by cartoons. I’d stick him in front of the TV for a little while, and I’d have the chance to finish waking up and get my day going.
But since we put the kibosh on so much television, I’ve had to make sacrifices. For you see, he now wakes up and the first thing out of his mouth is:
“Let’s play a game, Mom!”
A game? Really? Can I lay down while I’m playing?
But we do it. And I guess you could say that it’s become my new, waking-up ritual.
I suppose I should be grateful that he wakes up so happy and full of energy. He could be one of those kids that are grumpy in the morning. And I suppose I should just be grateful that he doesn’t wake up any earlier than 7:00.
But I still don’t understand it.
No comments:
Post a Comment