Monday, March 10, 2008

A New Tradition

I just experienced my first weekend away - a "Girls Weekend," if you will. And let me tell you, I'm campaigning now to make it a yearly tradition.

Sarah and I met down in Phoenix in honor of an old roommate's wedding. And it was lovely. Abbey and Adam are wonderful, the temple was lovely, and the celebrations were fabulous. It was so much fun.

But the best part? Renewing a friendship. Not that it's ever waned, but years of marriage, children, and long distances lead to rare visits. But this weekend proved that nothing's changed.

We stayed up until all hours of the night eating ice cream and chatting, and then we got to sleep in. We got to do what we wanted, whenever we wanted, however we wanted. Which meant we shopped, shopped, shopped! The husbands and kids would've never survived. But we loved every minute of it.

But the best part of all? I missed Kevin & Kyle like crazy and couldn't wait to get home. Now mind you, it didn't hamper any of my weekend fun, but I couldn't wait to see them and get back to routine. It's the best of both worlds, if you ask me.

So here's to many more girls weekend in the years to come!

No comments: