I've Fallen Prey
Yes, I've fallen prey. I've jumped on the band wagon. You can officially count me as a devout fan of vampires. Well, just one in particular.
I first heard about Stephanie Meyer's books at book club. Melinda was absolutely raving about them. So naturally, I inquired to know more.
"Well," she began. "They're about vampires and..."
She must have seen a look of confusion, disbelief, digust? I don't know what my face said, but I know my brain said, "No way. Uh uh. I don't do sci-fi.
"I know, I know, she said. "It seems totally rediculous. But I'm telling you, they are SO good."
I left that discussion at book club, not giving the books another thought. But then another friend told me about them. And another friend. And another friend. It soon seemed that everytime I turned around, somebody else was raving about these books.
The final straw came on Sunday evening. We were having dinner with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. And sure enough, discussion turned to "the vampire" books.
"That's it," I thought. "I've got to see what all the fuss is about."
And so I succombed. I gave in. And now I'm obsessed. I finished the first one in one day and immediately called my neighbor for the second. I couldn't even wait until the next day, I had to have it that night. It's been 5 days and I'm obsessed. And apparently I'm not the only one. They're getting rave reviews around the country and continually on best seller's lists.
I'm not sure what makes them so good. They're young adult, for one thing. But I've always appreciated a good young adult book. And they're written by an LDS author, so that makes it easy to recommend it to a friend. And naturally, it's a love story. Granted, it's a love story between a human and a vampire, but you'll have to get over that.
And so I pass my recommendation on to you. Give them a try! And if you hate them, please let me know, because I'm dying to meet one person that doesn't love them.
No comments:
Post a Comment