Greasy-Man
"Spider-Man, Spider-Man.
Lived his life in the garbage can."
I don't know if that's how the song really goes, but for some reason, that's how we sing it in our house. Especially since the Spider-Man obsession has begun.
I suppose it's inevitable - the obsession with cartoon characters or super heroes. Little girls run around in Disney princess dresses and talk about Prince Charming. Little boys fight off the bad guys and jump heroically from pieces of furniture.
Well, it's finally happened to Kyle. He LOVES Spider-Man. He's seen approximately 4 minutes of the movie, but it's been forever ingrained in his brain. He points out anything and everything Spider-Man at the grocery store.
"Look mom! Spider-Man stickers!"
"Look mom! Spider-Man sippy cups!"
"Look mom! Spider-Man underwear!"
You get my point.
But my favorite part of this whole obsession is his new imaginary best friend and cohort, "Greasy-Man." Together, he and Greasy-Man capture Kevin, wrestle him to the ground, and bind his wrists with "web." It's hours of rambunctious fun.
I'm glad I get to play the "damsel in distress" and sit quietly off to the side, reading my book, until Spider-Man rescues me.
No comments:
Post a Comment