Conversations
We are lucky enough to live directly across from some good friends, which means that all of our windows face each other. While there is no Peeping Tom action going on, Coy & Kyle have been known to sit in their bedroom windows and shout conversations back and forth. When we first moved in, this occurred on a much more frequent basis, but it has since slowed a bit. However, tonight I was lucky enough to overhear one of these fabulous conversations between two friends. It went something like this:
Kyle: Hey Coy, I heard your song!
Coy: That I was singing?
Kyle: Yeah
Coy: Did you like it?
Kyle: Yeah. I played tennis today.
Coy: Did you like my song?
Kyle: Yeah, but I played tennis today for fun.
Coy: Yeah, I was singing a song.
Kyle: You want to play tennis with me?
Coy: No, tomorrow is soccer.
Kyle: Yeah, tomorrow is soccer. You want to play tennis with me?
Kyle: See you at soccer tomorrow!
Coy: See you tomorrow!
Kyle: Good night.
Coy: Good night.
Kyle: I love you!
Coy: I love you!
My bet is that 10 years from now they might be embarrassed about this conversation. But I also bet that 10 years from now, they'll be communicating with tin-can phones and secret flashlight signals. Well wait, that would be 2017. Make that text messaging or some other unforseen form of communication. If only we were so fortunate to remain neighbors for life...
No comments:
Post a Comment