Saturday, April 07, 2007

Big Baby, I mean, Big BOY

Kyle decided to join me as I scrapbooked today. As we sat looking through Christmas photos, he pointed out one in particular:

"You see I'm not smiling, mommy?" Kyle asked me.
"Yes, I see that," I said. "Why aren't you smiling?"
"She called me a baby," he replied.
"Who called you a baby?"
"That girl who taked the picture."
"And that's why you're not smiling?" I asked incredulously.
"Yeah. 'Cause I'm not a baby. I'm a big boy."

He never said a word about it at the time, but apparently this little boy wasn't pleased to be called a baby. But I guess his frown says it all.

(For the record, he wasn't called a baby in a taunting sort of way. It was more like, "Let's make sure we can see the baby!" And he happens to be smiling in the very next picture.)

No comments: