Friday, November 06, 2009

This girl...

...gives me a heart attack at least once a day. She's such a climber! Two seconds after I set her loose in the backyard, I walked out to find this:

She scales the kitchen table daily. Chairs have to be pushed in. Drawers have to be pushed in. Dishes can't be loaded in the dishwasher in her presence. She's not allowed to play the piano anymore because she's not content to sit on the bench. She climbs to the top and tries to pull the wreath off the wall.

Yesterday morning we were all dashing around the house in the midst of our morning routine when we heard Marie's cry from afar. We found her in the back room, on top of the computer desk. She had pulled out the chair, climbed on top of the desk, and was trying to scale the shelves on the wall. Her frustrated cries over her lack of progress were the only reason disaster was avoided. I tell you...

I never had to worry about this with Kyle. He learned just last year how to climb on the kitchen counter and reveled in it for days! This girl's another story. It's a good thing she's so cute.

1 comment:

BALL said...

I understand more than you know, I have had a climber extraordinare myself.