Thanksgiving Tree 2009
We started a new tradition this year, that I absolute LOVE and totally copied from someone else. This one's totally a keeper.
Introducing the first-ever Turner Thanksgiving Tree. The idea: so simple. Cut up lots of leaves and write everything you're grateful for. We started with a FHE, then added a few more every morning. We totally ran out of leaves - next year I'll have to make more.
I loved this for a few reasons. I loved having a visual reminder of all of our blessings. We walked past it 20+ times a day, and it reminded me every single time. I also loved hearing Kyle call out, "Mom, how do you spell music? Or military?" and then walking into the room to find him adding more leaves to the tree. (Can we say "snaks" or "pils of lefs"??? Love it!)
I left it out as long as possible, and then decided to take it down. I'm sort of wishing I'd kept it to frame or something, because I kind of miss it. But there's always next year, I suppose.
Introducing the first-ever Turner Thanksgiving Tree. The idea: so simple. Cut up lots of leaves and write everything you're grateful for. We started with a FHE, then added a few more every morning. We totally ran out of leaves - next year I'll have to make more.I loved this for a few reasons. I loved having a visual reminder of all of our blessings. We walked past it 20+ times a day, and it reminded me every single time. I also loved hearing Kyle call out, "Mom, how do you spell music? Or military?" and then walking into the room to find him adding more leaves to the tree. (Can we say "snaks" or "pils of lefs"??? Love it!)
I left it out as long as possible, and then decided to take it down. I'm sort of wishing I'd kept it to frame or something, because I kind of miss it. But there's always next year, I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment