Monday, November 23, 2009

Living it up in LEGOLAND

This is the third year in a row that we've ventured down to San Diego for a little weekend vacation, and this year we decided to do LEGOLAND! We've been looking forward to this for awhile, and it didn't disappoint.


This was at the END of our long day of fun, but it also happens to be our only family picture. Go figure.



Half of the fun of Legoland is all of the amazing Lego sculptures. Seriously, I cannot even believe the things they've built. Here's New York City (with a dash of Marie's hair!). They also had San Francisco, Washington D.C., the entire Las Vegas strip, the Eiffel Tower, the Taj Mahal, Mount Rushmore, and much, MUCH more. It was amazing.



Kyle got his first real taste of driving while cruising through Lego City. Seriously, driving a car that's not on tracks? It doesn't get any better than that for a 6-year-old. Or a 15-year-old. :)



They had lots of good, ole' rides, except they looked like they were made out of Legos. So fun.



And Kyle and Kevin got to create Lego racecars and race them down the track.



I cozied up to a friendly Italian chef (check out Kyle - he's plugging his nose. Hilarious.)...



While Kevin preferred Albert Einstein.



Even Marie had the time of her life in miniature little Duplo Town. I think she spent about 3 hours in this ambulance. Or at least it felt like it...

I would recommend it to anyone. It's definitely geared for the younger crowd, but parents will not be disappointed. If you've got kids under 10 (or if you're my 24-year-old brother...) you will LOVE this place.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a fun time at legoland, we have been wanting to go. Happy Thanksgiving.

Cassy said...

We have been wanting to plan a San Diego vacation, and I have heard mixed reactions about LegoLand. Good to hear you had so much fun. I think my kids would love it!

Unknown said...

Alright. Who doesn't love Legos? I still sit in my pajamas at three in the morning with my legos spread out in front of me. Its what makes life worth living!!!

Catherine said...

Do you remember the Bradley's from Rolling Valley? Their daughter Katie, who was younger than us by a year maybe, lives down in Southern California because her husband is a model builder at Legoland. Seriously! Could there be a cooler job?!

Clemstock said...

I have never heard of Legoland....it looks cool! When is your next trip out to D.C. area? Maybe you could take a day trip to Hershey park or we could come out to venture your way?