Go Scorpions!
Today was our last soccer game of the season. I had mixed feelings about it - the season started months ago, so I was more than ready for it to be over. However, we had a really great team with so many fun kids, so I was a little sad to see it end.
The entire season was great, but I had two favorite moments:
1) At one point, about halfway through the season, Kyle came home in a mood. He marched into the bathroom to take a bath, and after a few minutes, he called me in.
Kyle: "Mom, you know what? Today I quit soccer."
Me: "You did? Why did you do that?"
Kyle: "Because I'm tired of my team not showing their talent and not paying attention,
so I quit."
Holy cow, I almost died laughing! Not showing their talent? Yes, there were times that his seriousness made him a little less tolerant.
2) Because today was the last game of the season, Kevin wanted to make sure that every kid had a chance to score. So during the last quarter, he put in two little girls who hadn't scored, and put Kyle and Eric at the back with strict instructions to "get the ball to Allie and Natalie."
I loved watching Kyle pass the ball to those girls each and every time, despite his desire to score. He was so protective of them, and even blocked the other team from getting close to them. He ran down the field with them, passing them the ball over and over again, until they finally scored. And the smiles and cheers when they finally did - I was almost as proud as their parents! It was a great moment, and I was very proud of Kyle.
I can't wait until next season!
No comments:
Post a Comment