Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Attire

This quite possibly might be my favorite outfit of Kyle's.

Two years ago, I wouldn't have made that claim. Instead, it might have been my least favorite. White basketball shorts (that were mighty large at the time) and a white Ninja Turtles shirt. It didn't do much for me in the style department. Much to my dismay, he tried to wear it every single day. Not wanting to argue over clothes, I resorted to many methods, including hiding the clothes. It didn't work.

Finally, we worked out a deal. He could wear that outfit every Sunday. Not to church, of course, but afterwards. If you ask me, I think I got off pretty lucky.

And since that day, he's worn his beloved outfit every single Sunday afternoon. That's at least 104 Sundays, people! It doesn't matter if it's rain or shine, the minute we step through the door after church, the dress clothes are discarded and the Ninja Turtles come on. If there were an award for the fastest dresser after church, my money would be on Kyle.

But I'm seeing the end of an era. And it makes me kind of sad. The shirt is faded and sprouts a new hole every week. And my boy's enthusiasm for it is fading. I think the beloved outfit will soon be gone. But when it goes, it won't be in the trash can or donations pile. This one's going in the keeper's bin. Because I'm just that sentimental.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Sounds like time to start collecting for a T Shirt quilt!