Feelin' Big
You could say that pregnancy has hit me full force in the last week or two. All of a sudden, I feel large. There's no room left. I don't see how this baby could possibly keep growing for 11 more weeks.
And it's not all in my head. In the last two days, I've had some lovely compliments:
"When are you due, Ruth? Because I was just thinking, you're looking big!"
Gee, thanks.
"I barely recognized you because you're looking so pregnant now."
How kind of you.
I'm definitely bigger this time around, but I never claimed to be otherwise. I'm definitely not one of those pregnant gals with that cute little round belly. You know, the ones who don't even look pregnant from behind. That's not me. It's not in my genes.
So I suppose I'll just embrace my plumpness for now. It won't last forever (thank goodness). And I suppose I'll still post some prego pictures. But I must warn you, anymore nasty comments and I just might hide out until June.
3 comments:
I'm pretty sure you still look fabulous and I'm not just saying that, I really think so.
I hope you can make it those 11 weeks without any mean comments.
But isn't it worse if people ask you when you're due and you're not even pregnant ?!
Good luck !
I wish you were here so we could be pregnant together. It sounds like we have the same bodies.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, feeling fat while you are pregnant, I can't help but laugh because that is really all I can remember about being pregnant. I don't remember any feelings of beauty or comfortableness or "glow"; ask me and I would have said, I feel huge, fat, enormous, choose any adjective that one might use to describe a whale and I have probably used it. Oh if only Grandma J had passed on those sought after genes that let you be a belly pregnant girl and a come home in your pre-pregnant pants girl. Me, I just get rid of any pre-pregnant pants/shirts/anything that looks like it won't fit after 12 months. My rational, why torment myself?
Post a Comment