Friday, April 11, 2008

Field Trips

With gas at $3.69 per gallon, we've decided to take some field trips a little closer to home. You might think the desert doesn't have much to offer, but I've been proven wrong. We've barely made a dent in the fun.

First stop: the California Poppy Reserve.

Sure, they were all orange. But they were still pretty. Unfortunately, the wind was blowing so hard that they'd decided to close up in order to protect themselves. Apparently, flowers do that.



And Kyle thought he needed to curl up and protect himself, too. Don't even talk to me
about those 30 mph winds we've been having everyday. I'm about to go nuts.



And don't make me tell you what Kevin was laughing about in this picture, because it might cause him to divorce me. And then you'd feel guilty, right? But trust me, it was funny... and I'll be hanging it over his head for years to come.

All in all, it was a fun afternoon, but I doubt we'll feel the need to visit again. We're finding that's pretty much the case with our local desert attractions: You've seen it once, you've seen it all.



1 comment:

Lorena said...

Spill the beans!!! We could all use some blackmail against Kevin.