Intramural Insanity
Maybe it's the military. Maybe it's the egos. But it's the craziest intramural team I've ever seen.
Intramural teams are supposed to be laid-back, right? It's a pretty casual arrangement. You form a team and compete against others in a little friendly competition. It's all for the fun of playing.
Well, not this one.
For the last 6 weeks, volleyball has attempted to take over Kevin's life. It began with a Nazi coach, who insisted upon several practices each week. Then she forced them to fork over $20 for a personalized t-shirt. Not so bad, right? Well, they're the only team that has them. Let me tell you, they look pretty snazzy.
Then, unsatisfied with their performance, she proceeded to "cut" players off the team, sending them down to the "B Team." Luckily, Kevin made it through by the skin of his teeth, but it was a close call for awhile. Let me tell you, he was nervous.
Still unsatisfied with their performance, she decided to start keeping stats. She tracked their "kills," their "errors," and all of those other terms that I'm not very familiar with. Guess what it showed her? She had the most errors (she might try to deny this, but I saw the sheet).
All in all, it's been a hysterical season. Those of you to know Kevin, know that this is SO not his style. Sure, he's up for a little friendly competition, and there's nothing he likes better than playing on a great team with great players. But not when it kills the fun.
So we've just sat back and laughed. Kyle and I are there at every game, three times a week, cheering them on. And it's actually been fun. However, the tournament is next week and I doubt we'll be sorry to see it end. It was fun while it lasted, but it's time for a little sanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment