Green thumb?
We live in a city with 360 days of sunshine a year. So, in an effort to enjoy more of that sunshine, we've decided to make-over our backyard. Somehow, that patch of rock hard dirt just isn't very inviting. We have high hopes of backyard BBQs on lush green grass (as lush as the desert gets). And Kyle's put in his request of a soccer goal and hammock.
However, it's a lot more work than anybody ever told us. Trim the trees and bushes? Check. Till up the entire yard? Check. Get rid of the hills and gullies by leveling it? Uh, working on it...
As it stands now, it's not much to look at. But the seed is ready to go, and I just had three loads of mulch delivered today. I guess we'll know in 4-6 weeks whether we'll be enjoying a nice, cozy backyard or just starting at our dirt through the sliding glass door.
But even if the backyard doesn't work, at least I have these little beauties in front to look at:
Yes, tulips grow even in the desert. I've been receiving "Better Homes and Gardens" for years now. It's nice to finally be able to put that garden section to use.
1 comment:
Tulips are my favorite flower. Someday i will have a yard with them in it.
Post a Comment