Thursday, September 06, 2007

Life's the PITS

Kyle's a man of routine. He likes things at a certain time and in a certain way. And bedtime is no different. Every night it's the same: I give him a bath, brush his teeth, read him stories, give him a drink of water, and scratch his back and armpits. Yes, I scratch his armpits.

The funniest thing about this is the fact that he's so darn ticklish. I can barely get one little scratch in before he giggles and moves my hand away. Yet, he insists upon it every night. Like I said, man of routine.

So I thought it was pretty funny the other day when he asked me to scratch his legpits. It was after a long drive in the car that he stood up, rubbed behind his knees and said, "Mom, my legpits are so tired. I need you to scratch them."

I don't know how long this routine will last. But I'm quite confident that someday I'll look back and laugh.

No comments: