Shock
We're here. In the desert. It REALLY IS a desert, by the way. It's not an exaggeration. I think perhaps, I underestimated, or overestimated, what we were in for. There's lots of wind. Lots of dirt. And lots of sun. We have lots of desert friends: namely, coyotes, snakes and other friendly creatures. Luckily, we arrived at the right time. It's finally cooling off and is actually very pleasant outside.
Good news: We got our house today. It's a duplex, but it's three bedrooms and is practically brand-new. It has a garage, more storage than we've ever had, and a yard that I can not only plant flowers and a garden in, but is actually fenced off so my little boy can play! And there's grass! Quite a feat in the desert.
Bad news: Our household goods cannot be delivered for two weeks. So until then, we stay in a hotel. Kyle and I are going to go crazy.
In case you couldn't tell, I'm trying to be positive about all of this. One of these days, I'll post the picture I took of Kevin upon our moment of arrival at the base. He's not doing anything special, but his expression says it all: "What the #$&% have we done?!?!"
I think we're just in shock. Here's hoping the shock passes and we adapt quickly to our new environment. And in the meantime, a few extra prayers for us couldn't hurt!
8 comments:
I'm glad you made it. Your house sounds nice. Keep smiling. Only a few days and you'll have your own place!!!
I'm glad you made it! A yard YEA! I am jealous...but not so much that you have snakes for friends. Too bad about the hotel. Keep us posted and we will keep you in our prayers!
Oh, Ruth! I can't believe it will be another 2 weeks! What an ordeal this has turned out to be. You sure do have a good attitude. Ü I could learn a lot from you. You will definitely be in our prayers!
you've gotta send the picture.
Ruth, you guys are awesome. Question though: what does #%&! stand for? Dang? Flip? Darn? I am sure Kevin would NEVER get a look that meant anything more edgy than, perhaps Poop?
We feel for you. We don't even know where we are going to end up. Our only comfort is to know that, no matter where we go, some of our friends are living some place worse.
LOL, just kidding of course. We hope that you can find some happiness out in the desert. We are praying for exactly that.
You're my inspiration, Ruth! After looking into where we might be headed in the next 7 - 8 months, I think I may find myself in a similar position (minus the snakes).
Good luck! We love you and miss you tons!
Hey Ruth! It's Carolyn from like 2 years ago at Shoreline. I love blog connect -the- dots. I found your blog by way of the Gwilliams (don't know them, but cute family) by way of Dan and Dana's blog. I'm glad to keep connected with you {because now I can read your blog all I want!! :)}
You guys look great. Congratulations on the new place in the desert.
Glad that you guys made it ok to the desert. Yeah, I remember that. 117 degree days in Vegas. Ugh! Hopefully it won't be as bad where you are. Bet you could use some Aggie Ice Cream, eh? Good times.
Post a Comment