A New Definition
My life is finally returning to normal again. Well, a new definition of normal anyways. My body is remembering what it's like to feel peace and security. My shoulders are relaxing. The headaches are subsiding. We're attempting to establish some sort of routine.
Update: We're in our house!!! I should've added at least 2 or 3 more exclamation points. That's how excited I am. We had a very pleasant surprise when the moving company called and offered to deliver our household goods (note the military lingo) 10 days earlier than expected. They came, they delivered, and we're slowing unpacking, organizing, and making it our space.
The good news is that everything arrived in better condition than I expected. The bad news is that they lost a box. Oh, and it's not just any box. It's just my luck that out of 200+ boxes, the one box they lost would be my PHOTOS. Yes, we're talking high school photos, college photos, wedding photos, studio portraits. You name it, it's in there. My only saving grace is that I brought all of my digital photos with me. They say they'll try to track it down. You can bet we're not going to stop bugging them until they do.
Kevin's boss was kind enough to give him a week off to get settled. Other people might decide to use that week to actually finish unpacking. Not us. We've decided to take advantage of the vacation time and head down to San Diego for a day or two! We'll spend a day at Sea World, a day at the beach, and cram in as much fun as we possibly can before we come back and really, truly dive back into real life. Wahoo!
3 comments:
Awwwwwwww jee-ah!
I'm glad you guys are settled in. Now move back to SLC.
Too bad about your photos...of course it would be the irreplaceable box. I am so glad you are in your house. I hope you have a great VACATION! You deserve it!
Congratulations on your new home! Scottie and I (oh... and baby Brookelle) are so excited for you! Please stay in touch!
Post a Comment