Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Stupified

One of Kyle's favorite methods of amusing himself while I'm on the phone is wrap himself up in the telephone cord (no, we do not have a cordless phone). He'll wind the cord around and around his body until there's nothing left to wind. He'll then slip it over his head and walk away, leaving a mangled, knotted mess on the floor.

For obvious reasons, this drives me absolutely nuts. And he knows it. Yet, he continues to do it over and over again.

After he repeated the offense for the umpteenth time today, I hung the phone up and said, "Kyle! Why did you do that? You know I don't like it!"

To which he placed his little hands on his hips and said, "Well mom, if you get mad at me, I'm just going to keep doing it!"

My response? Silence. I was stupified. What was left to say? He'd already said it all.

No comments: