Monday, March 26, 2007

Fuzzy Dice

Upon pulling out of the parking lot today, my husband noticed a nondescript minivan sporting a pair of particularly tacky fuzzy dice hanging from the rear-view mirror. He turned to me and said, "Why in world would anybody hang those in their car and where did they come from!?"

Well my dear hubby, I've tried to find an answer to your question, but haven't had much luck. According to Wikipedia, they became popular in the 1950's, but we don't know why. What we do know is that they haven't been popular for quite some time, so I can safely say that the only reason why somebody would hang those in their car is that they have a particularly tacky sense of style.

However, I did find something interesting. Fuzzy dice are not only tacky, but against the law. Oh, the law isn't aimed directly at fuzzy dice. It just prohibits hanging anything from your rear-view mirror that could potentially obstruct your vision.

So perhaps the driver of this minivan isn't tacky after all. Perhaps he's just taking a drive on the wild side.

No comments: