Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Ten on Tuesday v.1

1. It's raining outside. Have a mentioned that I love the unpredictable weather of the east coast? Warm one day, cold the next. Cloudy, then sunny. Not to forget the amazing thunderstorms that roll in during the afternoons. Unpredictability means I never get bored.

2. I'm especially happy about the rain because I was on-the-ball, and got my booty out to mow and fertilize beforehand. Although, I'm not sure why we wanted to fertilize because we're already mowing our lawn more than once a week. I'm already tired of it. And I LOVE mowing the lawn...

3. Marie's last day of preschool is tomorrow, which is just CRAZY to me, because that means she'll be starting kindergarten in the fall. I'm thanking my lucky stars that we only have half-day kindergarten. I'm not ready to lose my buddy.

4. Her latest obsession is racing - to the car, to the house, upstairs, to the playground, etc. But she only wants to race if she's going to win. If she falls behind, she calls a time-out until she's caught up, and can be sure the victory is hers!

5. Kyle had his first piano recital last night and rocked it. He was so nervous, and I felt so bad. I remember those awful pit-in-my-stomach feelings. But he faked it, and was so awesome. And he finished it off with an ultra-dramatic fist pump and bow at the end. So funny.

6. All of those amazing performances last night made me realize how much I miss the piano. And made me contemplate signing up for lessons myself. Until I remembered how much it costs. I like my iphone and gym membership more!

7. After a lazy winter of cabin fever, I've kicked my booty in gear again and started working out. Unfortunately, after a month, I see no difference. Boo. Guess my 4-month stint as a couch potato is going to take a little (lot??) more work. But on the bright side, I love feeling stronger again.

8. I just put the final coat of polyurethane on our newly refinished hardwood stairs. We lived with nasty carpet for 2 months before Kevin couldn't take it anymore and ripped it out one night. He had every intent of finishing it in a week. Three months later...

9. I've got to admit, they look pretty awesome now. We just had to make an agreement to no more home improvement projects until he's ready to take some time off of work. "Maybe we're not home improvement people," I said.

10. We're headed to Utah this week! Just a quick little trip, but we get to see everyone we love most in the world, so we're EXCITED. We love it here, but I'm pretty sure the west coast will always feel like home.

2 comments:

Abbey said...

I so love it when you blog! I need my some Ruth in my life!

Kristen Marina said...

You posted!!! woohoo!!! Love it. Wanna move to Utah and work out with me. I need some serious motivation.