Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ten on Tuesday v.2

Forgot to post yesterday...ooops!

1. We're baaack. From Utah, that is. It seems like we crammed weeks of fun into 3 days, and we came back exhausted, but it was worth it.

2. I've said it a million times, but cousins are the best! Mine were like siblings growing up, and I'm so glad it's the same for my kids. I honestly can't think of anyone in the world that my kids love more than these guys:






3. Our flight was direct this time, and I'm sold. I've always kind of liked having a layover, and having the chance to switch planes and move around. Especially with kids. But after too many delayed planes, and missed flights, we decided no more. And let me tell you, we'll never go back. Direct flights all the way, baby!


 
4. I think Kevin's been a little homesick for his family, so he was pretty happy to see these guys. Only, the picture is incomplete because we're missing a brother. I'm not sure where he was hiding. Sorry, Lance!


 
5. In a way, I'm glad that these family reunions only last a few days at a time, because I NEVER GET TO SEE MY KIDS. Seriously, I kind of start to miss them. Who can be bothered with mom & dad when cousins are around?

6. A wedding was the reason for our visit. That's our niece LauraLyn in the middle there. She might be the cutest, sweetest, and most positive girl EVER. We weren't sure there would ever be anyone good enough for her, but she seems to have found her perfect match. They're the cutest. 



7. We become total gluttons when we visit Utah, eating at all of our favorite places. Training Table? Check. El Matador? Check. And thank you, LauraLyn, for having your wedding luncheon at Maddox Ranch House! My mouth is watering just thinking about it...

8. Baby fever. We got to see our little niece Clara and nephew Lincoln, and I'm so sad that I didn't get any pictures. I was dying over them. Most days I can push that baby yearning to the back of my mind. But those little guys did me in. And those little baby hugs Clara gives? Don't get me started...

9. Speaking of baby fever, I got to see my cute sister who is pregnant with her first! I poked and prodded and tried to get little baby Avery to move, to no avail. Oh well. She won't be able to resist my charms when we welcome her this summer! We squeezed our visit in at 10:00 at night, and dined on half-price Sonic shakes. Perfect.

10. And now it's back to the grind. Yesterday Marie and I made paper chains. I think we're down to 17 days of school left, and 50 days until we're BACK in Utah. Let the countdown begin!





 

5 comments:

Cassy said...

It so fun to see pictures of your family! Miss you guys!

Kristen Marina said...

I Love that you're posting again!! And can Marie's dress she wore to the wedding get passed down to her little cousins on the Russell side?? I LOVE it.

Kristen Marina said...

I LOVE that you're blogging again! Can I tell you how surprised I was to see a new post?! ;) Love and miss you guys! PS Can Marie's dress get passed down to her little cousin on the Russell side?? Cause I sorta love it.

Kristen Marina said...

I LOVE that you're blogging again! Can I tell you how surprised I was to see a new post?! ;) Love and miss you guys! PS Can Marie's dress get passed down to her little cousin on the Russell side?? Cause I sorta love it.

Kristen Marina said...

I LOVE that you're blogging again! Can I tell you how surprised I was to see a new post?! ;) Love and miss you guys! PS Can Marie's dress get passed down to her little cousin on the Russell side?? Cause I sorta love it.