Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ten on Tuesday v.3

These weren't intended to be my only posts...one of these days I'll really start updating the blog.

1. I just spent the last hour on the computer, researching companies to repair my garage door, pressure-wash my house, and re-seal my driveway. Home ownership ain't cheap, folks!

2. I spent all of yesterday afternoon sprucing up my front yard. 10 bags of mulch later, and only 2/3 of the front yard is done. And did I mention that I trimmed the edges with SCISSORS? Please tell my husband to find the battery/charger for the trimmer SOON!





3. Marie played in the sprinkler the entire 4 hours I was out there. That's a lot of water. And after I thought of my water bill, I thought, "Geez, that's going to make the grass grow even FASTER."

4. I really want the pressure washing done because I'm dying to get up there and paint those shutters black, and put a fresh coat of paint on the door. Keep the door red? Opinions?

5. My brother came up over the weekend, and we ditched Marie at a friend's house and went disc golfing. And spent the majority of the time like this:



For the record, it was MY disc we were looking for. Not my best game. But also for the record, I didn't feel too bad about him risking his life in the poison ivy, because I took a brutal hit to the back from one of his discs. Ouch.

6. My parents also came up to see the kids' last home soccer games. I'm sad to see Kyle's season end. He's a great player and it's so much fun to watch.  It was Silent Saturday, meaning no coaching from the parents or coaches. Much harder than it seems.

7. Marie? She's fun to watch, too, but for a completely different reason. Anybody that's watched 5-year-olds play soccer knows what I'm talking about. We celebrated her actually KICKING the soccer ball three times during her game. First time she's touched it this season. And anytime she'd see a camera pointed at her, she'd stop and pose. So much for keeping your head in the game.



8. I'm in the primary presidency now and had my first sharing time on Sunday. I was a little worried about it last week, since the last sharing time I experienced was when I was 11-years-old. But it went fine, and I'm excited to do it again. It's going to be fun to be with the kids. And surprisingly, my kids like having me in there. Who knew!

9. It's 85 degrees today. And humid. Yuck. The pool opens this weekend, and the forecast says it'll be 67 degrees. There's something wrong here. Not that I'm anxious to show off my ghostly legs...the Turner family is WHITE, people!

10. We have no plans for this weekend, and I'm honestly so excited about it. We have a to-do list a mile long, and it'll be nice to check something off. Add a little bit of fun in there, and BAM - we're set!

2 comments:

Cassy said...

I love your house and your yard looks beautiful!

Zajanc Family said...

Yay, so glad you are updating again! I love hearing what you are up to. On a side note, I think your house is so beautiful!