Saturday, May 08, 2010

Muffins for Mom

"Please join Mrs. Powell's class for
'Muffins for Mom'
on Friday, May 7, 2010
at 9:00 a.m."


I walked in the door and was almost tackled by a very excited little boy. He gave me a big hug, and handed me a very cool card (probably the coolest card I've ever received - I need to take a picture!) and a writing sample. You know...

M - mom
O - outstanding
T - thotfull
H - happy
E - enrgetic
R - run

"My mom's the greatest because...that she loves me!"


Then we were treated to two different songs - one to the tune of "You are my Sunshine" and I can't remember the other one. But it was adorable, and Kyle sang his heart out, as usual.

After that, the kids served us muffins and milk, and we had a little breakfast. They were so excited and happy, and it was such a fun way to spend the morning. And the best part, every mother came, so EVERY child was happy! It was awesome.

It's moments like this that make being a mother THE BEST.

No comments: