Wednesday, May 05, 2010

It gets even better...

I couldn't thank Kyle enough for my lovely slumber on Sunday morning. I thanked him again and again (you know, hoping he'd do again in the future). After my 57th time thanking him, he said, "Oh it gets better, mom."

I asked him what he meant, and he replied, "I can't tell you."

I thought to myself, "That's sweet. He must be planning something for Mother's Day next Sunday" and didn't press the issue.

But my surprise came earlier than expected. At 6:45 the next morning (5 minutes after his alarm went off), I heard my bedroom door squeak again. This time, Kyle tiptoed in with a big bowl of Cap'n Crunch overflowing with milk.

"Here you go, mom," he said, as the milk sloshed onto the mattress. "Breakfast in bed!"

As if on cue, Marie jabbered from the other room. And off Kyle went to rescue her from the crib.

What a kid!

1 comment:

Lorena said...

What a sweetheart! Are you still OK with setting him and Nicole up in about 15 years? She still remembers him ... I was thinking, though, if this is going to work, we should meet more often between now and then so they're not complete strangers, and it's not all awkward at their wedding. :)