Let the Games Begin!
It's that time of year again. Today marked the opening day of baseball season.
Kyle's playing for the Pirates this year and has a fantastic coach. And yes, I know those aren't baseball cleats (I just learned the difference this year) but I was way too cheap to buy him separate cleats for baseball and soccer. The way this kid grows, he'll be lucky to wear them one season. I figure I have at least a year or two before he realizes that it's embarrassing to wear soccer cleats to play baseball. Might as well save my pennies while I can.
Kyle's playing for the Pirates this year and has a fantastic coach. And yes, I know those aren't baseball cleats (I just learned the difference this year) but I was way too cheap to buy him separate cleats for baseball and soccer. The way this kid grows, he'll be lucky to wear them one season. I figure I have at least a year or two before he realizes that it's embarrassing to wear soccer cleats to play baseball. Might as well save my pennies while I can.
They had "Opening Ceremonies" tonight and each team got to run out, do a cheer and run back. It was adorable and hilarious. So cute. Except for the poor little Phillies player, who was the only one from his team to show up. They still made him run out with his coach and do the cheer all by himself. Poor guy.Then they had the base commander throw the first pitch, which was even more hilarious (4th time's a charm!) and some other pomp and circumstance. It was a great evening and we can't wait for our first game next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment