Easter Celebration
Yes, I realize that I'm a week late and a dollar short, but we had a fabulous Easter holiday. I really, really love this holiday. It must be the beautiful spring weather, fun activities, and the chance to truly reflect on our Savior. This year was made even better by the fact that Kevin arrived home after being gone TDY for the week.
We started it off with coloring Easter eggs. The stand out's: Kyle's eggs, entitled "Happy" & "Sad," and Kevin's red egg that said, "I [heart] Ruth." Fantastic.
Then it was on to our egg hunt. Kyle specifically asked to "just do it with our family" this year (feeling greedy???) so it was so surprising when he found the grand prize egg. As you can see, he was overjoyed.
Of course, Kevin tried his best to steal the $2 grand prize, but Kyle put him in his place."I found it - it's MINE!"
Marie was content to cruise around on the grass with the three pink eggs I'd filled with Cheerios and strategically placed within baby-reach.
The kids got some fun Easter surprises from the Easter bunny. Kyle's favorite? The air rocket he's received three years in a row. And a gigantic Easter bunny is always a must. It's the only candy he cares about.
They received some new Easter clothes from Dad & Mom. Actually, the dress is courtesy of Grandma, but we saved it for the occasion.
These two can't get enough of each other. He thinks she's adorable, and she thinks anything he does is wonderful and hilarious. I love it.
And then it was off to church to celebrate the reason for this beautiful holiday. How grateful I am for the Plan of Salvation, a beautiful family, and my Savior, who made it all possible.Happy Easter!

1 comment:
Kyle looks so stylin' in his church clothes. We miss you guys. Looks like you had a fun Easter.
Post a Comment