Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Writer's Block

Okay, I guess it's become quite apparent that I haven't been in the mood to blog. Day in and day out, it seems to be the last thing on my "To Do" list and by the end of the day, when all of those other things are checked off, I'm simply too lazy to sit down and document our lives. Oh, and the other problem? I really do not have anything to write about. Contrary to what everybody believes, we are not off to one adventure after another. Life at the Turner household is, indeed, pretty boring.

BUT, I hereby promise to turn over a new leaf. I promise I'll write on a more regular basis. I'd like to say I'll post everyday, but I wouldn't want to be held accountable for that. So I'll start racking my brain, and starting tomorrow ( I know, always the procrastinator), the wisdom will come pouring out.

Oh, and if there's something you'd like to hear about, please pass it on. Because I definitely have a case of writer's block.

2 comments:

Lorena said...

I was listening to Dr. Laura yesterday and she was asking for submissions on the topic of "Top 10 Reasons To Be in the Military" -- and she said it had to be humorous. Perhaps you could throw a list together for us. Surely you have a lot of experience ... :)

By the way, I've missed your frequent entries. I'm glad you're back!

Clemstock said...

Ruth, you really need to get over the writers block because I do indeed check your blog and I like to read what you write, mainly because it usually is so eloquently written and funny that it makes me laugh. And, guess what, my life is boring too.

I really hate it when people call, like my mom or my brothers and say, "So, what are you doing?" and I have to think. Hmm, what was I doing? Well, I just changed a diaper on a kid who likes to crawl away faster than I can attach the tags, just told Lexia for the 4th time to wait and that I will help her when I finish the diaper, and just decided that I should probably do the dishes, sweep the floor, read my book, vacuum, change the laundry, organize the house again with a small hope to make it easier to clean, create a menu planner for the millionth time, do Lexia's school project, email that person who emailed me 4 days ago...I guess you get the picture.

Anyways, as I said, it is my least favorite question on the phone so I have decided to try two different approaches 1. I answer just like it is and give a detailed description of what went on the last 30 minutes whether they care or not OR 2. I say the usually, "Oh nothing". Let you know how it goes.