Addictions of a Tiny Drama King
It's time that I face facts:
- I have a son that is a video-game addict.
- I'm not nearly the mom I should be. I let him play them way too often.
Now, I admit, there are times when this addiction comes in handy - ie: long car rides, long waits in the doctor's office, and times when I just want a little peace and quiet. And I'm sure he'll learn something useful from it. After all, some of the games are educational. What's a little Attention Deficit Disorder when you've got great hand-eye coordination?But today I decided enough was enough. I laid down the law. No longer will Mario and his friends rule our house.
Well, Kyle wasn't too happy about it. After asking and asking and asking, then resorting to a "pretty, pretty, pretty PLEASE???" he just lost it:
"But if you don't let me play Gameboy, I will just DIE!!!"
1 comment:
Kyle is not alone. My little guy LOVES video games. Aren't they too young for that? Just ask Brayden...the research has been done...children who played video games are becoming better surgeons. Great hand/eye coordination for new technology. Who know...maybe they won't turn out so bad afterall!
Post a Comment