Thursday, July 26, 2007

Rejection

Kevin recently informed me that he wanted to shave his head. Not down to the scalp, but a crew cut. So far, his choice of career hasn't affected his "style" of haircut. It might be slightly shorter, but not much. I, for one, am grateful for that. But apparently he's feeling a little self-conscious. His hair is among the longest of all the officers and he's just not sure if he shouldn't shave off an inch or two more.


He asked me what I thought of him getting a shorter style and with as much kindness as I could muster I said, "Well honey, I'm not sure how it would look on you. I think your forehead might be too big."

But then I quickly came back with, "But if you want to do it, now's a good time. Then if it didn't look good, you'd have a month or two to grow it out before you see anybody again."

Rude? I hope not.

Well, it seems that I have nothing to worry about. Because you see, when he entered the barbershop and informed them of his plans, it didn't go over so well. The lady looked at him, looked at his hair and flatly stated, "You don't want to do that."

Taken back by the rejection, Kevin said, "What?"

To which she replied, "You don't want to go short like the other guys. It won't look good on you."

And so he complied and kept his typical hairstyle. Apparently the opinions of two women were enough for him. And to think, I didn't even have to pay that lady to say anything!

3 comments:

Doughy said...

What Ruth? Is MY forehead too big?!?!?

Whatever. Kevin shave it off man, don't take that!

r_turner47@hotmail.com said...

Okay, okay. I knew I was going to get crap for this one. NO, your forehead is NOT too big. :) And yes, Kevin's IS too big. His hair just hides it. Besides, I didn't want him ripping off your slick style. Although, maybe it would make him run faster... :)

Kimbur said...

That's hilarious!