Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Today was the second time we've attempted to go swimming at the neighborhood pool. Actually, I don't know if attempt is the right word, because we've actually swam. The only problem is that the excursion lasted approximately 20 minutes.


We headed over there on Monday, swam a few laps, and were kicked out when sounds of thunder rolled our way. Sure enough, it started to rain and the pool was closed.


It was hot and humid this morning, so we figured we'd try our luck again. Nope. 20 minutes after we arrived, the black clouds rolled in and the pool was closed again. This time, torrential downpours.


Dejectedly, we got in the car and drove home. My mom's greeting when we arrived?


"Next time I need my lawn watered, I'm just going to send you guys to the pool. That seems to do the trick."


Very funny, mom.

No comments: