Saturday, July 21, 2007

Best.Night.EVER.

It really was. Do you ever build things up in your mind so much that the likelihood of actually achieving that magnitude of greatness and perfection is almost non-existent? I thought I'd done that. I'd dreamed about this concert for so long and built in up so much that I (and everyone else around me) figured there was no way it was ever going to be that good.

But Tim & Faith pulled it off. Oh my, did they ever pull it off! The music. The lights. The special effects. The beauty of these two people that somehow increased exponentially when paired together...It was amazing!

Separately, each of them could've put on an amazing concert. Faith's GORGEOUS, with a beautiful voice that could fill any auditorium. Tim gets the crowd going and is equally as gorgeous (Good looking? Sexy?) as his wife. But together...it was magic. Seriously. The electricity? It was HOT.

They sang together, they sang separately, they sang together again. It was 3 1/2 hours of pure heaven. I sang with them (I apologize to anyone sitting near me) and danced like crazy. The only thing better would've been having my honey there with me.

If I sound like a groupie, you're probably right. The only thing stopping me from following those tour buses to the next city was the fact that my husband and son weren't with me. And yes honey, believe it or not, you still come before Tim.

I wish I had pictures to demonstrate the greatness of this concert. But alas, my camera stinks. Especially in a dark colleseum. So you'll have to settle for these:
Terrible picture, but amazing. Trust me.
Cheesy picture, but I was excited.
I apologize for my brother's lack of enthusiasm. He got roped into going after my sister had to cancel. To say he's not a country fan would be an understatement. He was a good sport, though. If Tim & Faith can't convert him, nobody can!

Another terrible picture. But they are BEAUTIFUL!

3 comments:

Cassy said...

I am glad you had a great time!

Jenny M said...

Ruth,

I am SOOO jealous! That looks like it was really a great time. I hope they come to SLC soon!

Miss you - Bldg 829 is not the same without you guys here.

Love,
Jenny

Brinton, Becky, and Gang said...

Looks like it was a fun night. Aren't they the best in concert. We saw them a few years ago in Utah and it was the best concert I had ever been to. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your adventures this summer. We are missing you here at Shoreline