The Easter Bunny visited our house on Saturday, instead of Sunday, so that Daddy could be there. I thought I'd pull a fast one on Kyle and just tell him that Easter was on Saturday. That didn't work out so well. He clearly knew that Easter was supposed to be on Sunday, so we had to write the Easter bunny and see if he wouldn't mind making an early visit to our house. Luckily, he obliged.

The kids loved their baskets. I tried to scale back this year - it amazes me what people do for Easter. This isn't Christmas, people! A couple of weeks ago, Kyle started talking about Easter and "toys and treats" and I knew it had gone too far. I always try to stick a new outside toy in there, and a few treats, and I think we struck a good balance this year. It was fun, but not overboard. My kids aren't thrilled about clothes, so that was just for me.

Afterwards, we had our Easter egg hunt. Isn't my baby adorable?

He's pretty cute, too.

Kyle found the grand prize egg again. What a shocker. One of these years, he'll have some competition. I wonder how big of a fit he'll throw the first time Marie finds it before him!

However, Marie seemed pretty pleased about her stash. Obviously, all of the pink and purple ones were reserved or her. She stole that green one right out of Kyle's basket.

Afterwards, we spent a little time outside enjoying a rare non-windy spring day.

After shooting off a few rockets, we took a trip to LAX to say good-bye to daddy...

...and came home to console ourselves with butter and sugar. I pretty much put Kyle in charge of rolling and cutting the cookies and he did a FANTASTIC job. They were delicious. Now I've just got to teach him to read a recipe. Then I'll be set!

And Marie put herself in charge of frosting the cookies. Clearly, she enjoyed it. At one point I heard Kyle say, "No Marie, not on your belly!" and looked over to see her lifting her shirt up and smearing a big (plastic) knife-full all over her stomach. That girl...I love her!
It was certainly an interesting Easter weekend for us. Happiness, tears, and everything in between. We loved General Conference and felt the love of the Lord in our lives.
1 comment:
Looks like a wonderful easter! Me and eli both teared at the post below. You guys are great, we really appreciate what your Whole family sacrifices for the USA! :)
Post a Comment