With Kevin's deployment, we got a killer deal on some Disneyland and California Adventure tickets. We jumped right on it, but didn't get a chance to use them before he left. So in an effort to keep busy the week after daddy left, we invited some friends and went down to Anaheim. It just happened to be spring break (ie: the crazy busiest week EVER) so we decided to just do one park and come back later for the other. So California Adventure it was!

Toy Story will forever be one of our favorite movies, so we couldn't pass up the chance to pose with Woody. Especially since Kyle's finally at the age that he's not scared of the characters.

I've never been an advocate of those leash-type things people put on their kids. But there were a few times that day that I wished I'd had one. Little Miss Marie kept trying to wander off. Finally I had to lure her in with a frozen lemonade treat.

Marie's favorite ride was a toss-up. She thoroughly enjoyed the carousel and had a smile on her face the entire time. But during "Toy Story" she threw her hands in the air and squealed the entire time. What a pro. That might have been my favorite moment of the day.

Kyle's favorite ride was a no-brainer - California Screamin'. I think he loved the ride, but I also think he loved the fact that he was brave enough to actually ride it. If you know my child, you know he takes great pride in being big enough and brave enough to do things. In any case, he LOVED it and wouldn't stop talking about it. It was his first big rollercoaster that went upside down. And yes, I'm the cheapskate that takes a picture of the professional photo they snap. There's no way I'm paying for an ugly picture of me.
We had such a great time. We just went back to Disneyland this week, sans Marie, and had a blast. But we used an old-school disposable camera for that trip and haven't found a place to develop it yet. :)
1 comment:
We were at Disneyland over Spring Break too and I have never seen so many people before in my entire life. I'm lucky we didn't lose both of our children. Looks like fun. You are such a cool mom.
Post a Comment