Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Getty

After the temple, we decided to visit The Getty Museum. Can I just tell you how impressed I was? Well, I was. It was beautiful and fun, and FREE, and wonderful. They even "rent" strollers for FREE, which was awesome since we forgot ours. Our arms and backs would have been very tired.


This place is huge. Many buildings, with every type of art you could imagine. It was amazing.



It wasn't actually completely free, since we had to pay for parking. But you ride a tram from the parking garage, up the hill to the museum, and the kids thought that alone was worth the $10.



They had a building that was just for families, with interactive art displays. We spent half our time in just that little building. Both kids loved it.



Marie followed this poor little girl around the entire time. She didn't bother her, but she was a foot behind her everywhere she went.



I don't remember the specifics about this display, but I believe it's a replica of a fancy french bed of some sort. :-) All I remember is that Marie LOVED it. What could be better than a soft bed with piles of books stacked around it? Two of Marie's favorite things in the world.



This was a replica of a sculpture outside in the gardens. You took water noodles (for lack of a better description) and stuck them into holes in the walls. It created this web-like thing. It was pretty neat.



They had the most beautiful gardens. Unfortunately, we went on a 102-degree day, so we didn't enjoy them as much as we could have. We'll have to go again on a cooler day. It was beautiful and my camera was itching to take some fun outdoor pictures.



This was about the time that Kyle decided he was DONE. All of sudden, it wasn't fun anymore, and he was starving, and he was hot, and...well, he was DONE.



And this was when I told him NOT to smile for the picture. "Please don't smile," I told him.
Works every time.

2 comments:

Cassy said...

Looks like fun! I am itching for another California Trip!

christy said...

what a cool museum- i would love that- you guys do the funnest things with your kids!