Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Still here...

I realize that I've been MIA for awhile, so I figured that I'd better make it clear that yes, indeed, I am still pregnant. No baby. She's still snug and comfy inside my little incubator.

Not by my choice, but by hers.

In fact, I feel no closer to delivery that I did a month ago. Perhaps she'll be as stubborn as her brother and stay in there for 41 weeks. The doctor keeps telling me that she doesn't suspect that'll be the case. Yet, I keep astounding her by my inability to go into labor.

In fact, I even tried to pull the "I'm afraid of having a large baby" strings. The fact that Kyle was 8 pounds was enough to get me another ultrasound, but that's about it. According to their measurements, she'll probably be about the same, which apparently isn't cause enough for induction. They're pretty strict in good ole' Cal-i-for-ni-A. Oh well, such is life.

On a good note, it did get me another picture of my little gal. And yes, I did make them double-check it was still a girl. Check it out:



A tad bit weird-looking, I'll admit. Especially with the squished nose. But it still made my heart melt. She reminds me of her big brother. The same mouth and same squishy cheeks. I love it.

2 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I was beginning to wonder if your next post would be from the hospital. Sorry that hasn't come to pass yet. But I'm glad everything is ok, and we'll keep you in our prayers that maybe she'll come before 41 weeks. Good luck Ruth! Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little girl!

lance n sarah said...

Hollie was almost 10 lbs. and did major damage to me during delivery. i was so afraid of that again with Trevor that I WANTED a c-section. I did and he was only 7 lbs. He would have just flew out. Hee hee hee. The recovery with the c-section was a million times better than the first one. good Luck and let us all know when she is hear.