Thursday, February 15, 2007

Smooth...

So, Kyle and I are in the kitchen tonight, me making dinner and Kyle reading a story. As I'm stirring the milk into the mac n' cheese (Kevin was gone, so it was just the two of us), I hear Kyle mumbling to himself.

"So cute," I think to myself. "He thinks he's really reading a story."

But as he repeated the same phrase over and over, I tried to decipher what he was saying.

"What's that, Kyle? Smooth?"

And with a smile on his face, Kyle repeated the phrase for the umpteenth time. Only this time, I got it.

"Smooooooth....Budlight."

I kid you not, my child had been repeating that awful slogan for the past 10 minutes.

"Where did you learn that?" I asked.

"From T.V. That's what Budlight always says, Mom."

Granted, my child probably watches more television than he should, but it's usually Disney Channel or PBS. I can't imagine where he saw a beer ad.

The only thing I can figure is he saw it while watching sports with Daddy on ESPN. But we won't blame Kevin - we'll just censor more carefully.

No comments: